If you rely on PeerGuardian while torrenting and have recently installed Leopard, you’re hosed. The PeerGuardian.app crashes, with an error in libcrypto.
The good news is that if you have installed XCode and are relatively familiar with it, you can easily rebuild it and it seems to work fine. Hopefully they’ll get this done and make it available for everyone since it’s fairly trivial.
1. Download the source .zip from Phoenix Labs.
2. Unzip it and follow the instructions in the “How to Build” file (getting the Growl framework and 7za.)
3. Replace libcrypto.0.9.dylib with libcrypto.0.9.7.dylib
5. From the command line, run distbuild.sh to create a nice little .zip package just like you’d download from the web site.
6. Install like normal and enjoy.
If any of the above confuses you, you probably want to wait until the official build is available.
Technorati Tags: apple, leopard, os x, p2p, PeerGuardian, torrent